Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Part 1, East Meets West

Hi Everyone,

Liz and I successfully made the trip to Utah from Ohio. My western adventure has begun...

A crazy snow storm during the drive in plastered snow to the pines on the Wyoming and Utah mountains.

Sunrises are pink on the east-facing mountain tops.

The city lights across the valley, 15 miles or so, twinkle at night with the stars.

The cats escaped out a window yesterday (it has warmed up now), scared themselves silly, and dashed back in when I opened the door.

Box elder bugs (like thin lightening bugs without the lights) and wasps are trying to get in for the winter, and succeeding.

The moving men delivered boxes, cursed the spiral staircase and the stray cat who kept getting in.

My sister Betsy came in to help me unpack the other night. So I have nice company and a kitchen again now.

Farmers seem to be spreading manure, if my nose is working.

Met my neighbors from Peru who have 3 teenagers, a bull, a llama, 2 lambs, a shi-tzu, and a cat to handle the mouse population.

A big ole forlorn-looking white moon rose over the mounded fields last night.

Love to all--
Sue

No comments: